Thursday, May 1, 2008

Filled Up Again

I ran into the fabulous "Holy sh*t you're running out of gas" warning today in the Grand Prix - so I swung into the Meijer Station (only one in the area selling E85) and put in six gallons of E85 and six gallons of Regular, resulting in a 50/50 mix.

Going to run through this next tank and watch the results. I also reset the trip meter, so when I hit the "ding-ding-ding empty!" again, I'll have a general idea of what my miles per gallon are running the 50/50 E85/Regular mix.

At the Meijer Station where I get my E85, I noticed that it trails Regular by only $0.30, which is an eight percent difference from the Regular. Do you think that gas station owners (Meijer in this case) fix the price close to gas, and perhaps are earning more profit from E85?

No comments: